25 August 2014

Weekend Read: The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom







The inventor of the world's first clock is punished for trying to measure God's greatest gift. He is banished to a cave for centuries and forced to listen to the voices of all who come after him seeking more days, more years. Eventually, with his soul nearly broken, Father Time is granted his freedom, along with a magical hourglass and a mission: a chance to redeem himself by teaching two earthly people the true meaning of time. He returns to our world - now dominated by the hour-counting he so innocently began - and commences a journey with two unlikely partners: one a teenage girl who is about to give up on life, the other a wealthy old businessman who wants to live forever. To save himself, he must save them both. And stop the world to do so

My Rating:

Why: 


           It was an easy read. The words and the meaning were easy to grasp and the message of the book was very clear. The story started about the Father of Time and how he became who he is. It's different since it changes point of view between the three characters. The simple narration really made it a pleasurable read for me because it was one of those days when I don't want to analyze things too much. The reason why it only got three stars is because the lesson in the story is something that I've already realized a long time ago. Meaning there wasn't much revelation in terms of me relating to the story. I already know how important time is and I neither want to take my life nor extend it for an abnormal period of time. Overall, it was a nice reminder of something very dear to me which is to spend time as much as possible with the people I love and to not waste it on things such as holding grudges, wallowing and whole lotta bunch of negative stuff. I recommend it to those who love Albom's writing since it doesn't disappoint in that aspect.  

1 comment :

  1. This sounds like a good book with a worthy meaning, but not one that is inspiration or ground breaking because you already know it. Then again, it must be nice to have a little reminder of how important time is. Nice cover!

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/09/top-10-things-to-do-when-back-from.html

    ReplyDelete

I looooooooove comments! Gimme some love :)