04 August 2014

August Ebook Hoard

               Since I can't afford REAL books, I have to satisfy myself in buying the ebook version. I do however miss the smell of a book that's just been unwrapped. >sigh< I need to prioritize saving for an actual book, I want my kid to get her hands on an actual one instead of God forbid, an ebook reader. I remember getting curious about my mom's books when I was around 10 or 11. I probably wouldn't have started if there weren't any books around. I want my daughter to grow up in the same environment. I mean, I won't force her to read of course, but I want her to have that opportunity once she decides she wants to start. 

                I can't believe the amount of books available to our youth today. I'm happy that there a lot more of them that's interested in reading. When I was young, my mom didn't know of any YA books so I was forced to muddle through Valley of the Dolls and The Bourne Identity. I didn't even had Judy Blume then, I was only able to read her when I was already in my twenties. But the YA genre had increased in numbers and I'm happy knowing that there are a lot more kids reading today.

                  So as for my August Ebook Hoard, I decided to mix it up a bit. We have Fight Club, which is one of my favorite movies but sue me for not reading the book. I started on it but I just need to have more time on my hands to absorb and enjoy this book. 

-Case Mysteries by Kate Atkinson. I read the review somewhere online which I conveniently forgot. But what I can remember is the reviewer saying that this is one of the best mystery novel he has read recently.

-If I Stay by Gayle Forman. c/o the movie coming out this September 3, 2014. I have to read it before watching it to stay true to my tradition, which I broke with Perks of Being a Wallflower :(

-Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut. c/o Beautiful Creatures of course!

-The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Oh! Another one to stray from tradition. I forgot. I watched the movie first before reading this. I might end up not being able to watch anything if I continue this :)

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. I've wanted to read this for the longest time. Ever since the movie came out last 2005. It's safe to assume that yes, I've never watched the movie. 

-The Blooming Goddess Trilogy by Tellulah Darling. Made up of My Ex From Hell, My Date From Hell and My Life From Hell. I'm reading this because I love the cover. Yes, I'm shallow. 

-And lastly, A Creature of Moonlight by Rebecca Hahn. I chanced upon this book's review in Goodreads and I immediately included it in my order.

                       Aside from my finishing these, I also have my to-read in Wattpad, my to-watch movies, and to-write blog posts. Yey August, we can do this!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I looooooooove comments! Gimme some love :)