05 August 2014

Spotlight: Stay Bookish




                I've been on the look out for a good book review blog the last couple of days. Why? Because I get overwhelmed reading some random person's review over the internet. I want to be able to associate the review with a face. And voila! I found this. To be honest, what got me hooked was the beautiful layout. I'm a sucker for clean layouts without having to use the all white look that others go for. The pastels really did the trick here. 

                      As usual, I checked the About page first. Our bloggers name is Hazel, she's 18 and lives in the Philippines too. She reviews the Young Adult and New Adult group. This is perfect since I have a lot of YA on my to-read list. I was only able to read a handful of reviews but from those, I'm pretty sure I'll come back for more updates. I especially loved her take on one of my favorites, Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley. Now since my blog is all about promoting positive vibes, what I love about the reviews is that they stay positive all throughout. Even if there's something about the book that she didn't like, she'll focus on the books good points. That for me is the mark of a good reviewer, the ability to stay objective and provide an honest review without being mean.

                      Now I added Happy Blog so I can take note of the different blog gems across this vast space called the Internet. Since my first find is an awesome one, I'm looking forward to finding more.


2 comments :

  1. This is such a nice post. I recently started following Stay Bookish as well, and I agree that the design is gorgeous! I'm tempted to order a blog makeover from her, especially since her prices seem relatively inexpensive.

    Anyway, I'm glad to hear you found a new blog to fall in love with - it's always fun when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to comment Emily! Yes, I agree it's always nice to find a blog that you can relate to. Hopefully I'll uncover more wonderful blogs like Stay Bookish.

      Delete

I looooooooove comments! Gimme some love :)