22 September 2014

Mommy Monday: My Top Fictional Mothers





Welcome to Mommy Monday! If this is you're first time checking this feature out, this is where I post anything mommy-ish. So for today, I decided to list down my top fictional mothers. Read on!

1. Helen Parr aka Mrs. Incredible (The Incredibles) - How can you not love a superhero mom. We've always said that our mothers are our heroes. What happens if they literally are? Answer? Elastigirl. Nuff said.


2. Lorelai Gilmore (Gilmore Girls) - Witty, sexy, cool, crazy, sarcastic are just a few words I could think of at the top of my head to describe Lorelai. The relationship she has with her daughter is what I hope my relationship with my daughter would be.


3. Molly Weasley - Wand waving mama! She doesn't play favorites and equally spreads love to all her kids. She's fiercely protective, a great cook and of course an awesome witch.


4. Kirsten Cohen (The O.C.) - Anyone who ends up loving a stranger like her own son gets a star on my handy dandy notebook. She struggled with her own issues but managed to remain a great wife and mother.


5. Catelyn Stark (Game of Thrones) - Here we have the epitome of a strong woman. I can only imagine the pain of not being with your kids. But she held it all together until the end.


6. Cersei Lannister (Game of Thrones) - Why is she here?! She's a major b*tch! Yes, yes she is. But being a mother might be the one redeeming quality she has. You cannot doubt that she loves all of them. 


Who are your favorite fictional momma?

11 comments :

  1. This is a great feature and a great nod to awesome mothers out there :)
    I remember Lorelai! I didn't watch Gilmore Girls regularly but I remember her to be an awesome mother and a great friend to her daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Top reason why she's on this list. Thank you for taking the time to comment Amir. Yay to mothers everywhere :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I know all of these mothers except one: Lorelai. Isn't that horrid? I feel like EVERYONE has watched Gilmore Girls except me. But I heard a rumor that it's going to be on Netflix soon? If so, I'm definitely going to watch it and find out why it has so much hype! (And because who doesn't love watching a beautiful mother daughter relationship on TV?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my absolute favorite series. Probably the reason why I'm so sarcastic now. But yes, please catch it on Netflix. I promise you won't be sorry.

      Delete
  3. Yaaaaaah, Mama Stark! And Lorelai! And even Cersei! Haha, this list is awesome. I have a theory that I think the only reason Cersei really loves her children (because she does really love them) is because they're extensions of herself and she's sort of in love with herself. (Which is why she sleeps with her TWIN, haha.) What do you think?

    This was a fun list to read! :)

    Jules @ The Book of Jules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such an awesome idea Jules, I love it! I guess it just makes perfect sense when you stop to think about it. So it's still a pretty selfish act right? Her loving her children so much? Thanks for that thought, made my day!

      Delete
  4. Ooh, great feature! I know who wouldn't make my list. Lori in The Walking Dead. Gosh, she won't win any awards will she. My favourite TV mum would have had to have been Kitty from That 70's Show. She was just so incredibly funny and a little boozy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that term "a little boozy" I hope it applies to me someday. LOL
      Thank you for sharing your top fictional mama Kelly!

      Delete
    2. Me too. LOL. I suppose when you get to that age, you've earned the right to sail through life being slightly intoxicated and functioning at a level of crazy :D

      Delete
  5. Elastigirl is just THE BEST. And I won't deny the awesomeness of Molly Weasley either. (I absolutely love the Weasley family. They're my favourite. ^.^) Hmm...personally? I love Peter Parker's aunt (but that's not really counted is it?) and Hazel from TFIOS's mother! OH and the parents out of the Easy A movie are literally my favourites of ever. :)
    Thanks for stopping by @ Notebook Sisters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Cait. Yeah, I totally forgot about the parents in Easy A. I love them too!

      Delete

I looooooooove comments! Gimme some love :)